It’s been a while since we’ve updated the blog – we’ve switched mostly to Twitter these days. But here’s a quick update:
- Our next launch (Launch 12) is still scheduled for the weekend of June 21st.
- We’re 1/2 way through our four capstones, and all seem to be going very well:
- Reaction Control System (RCS)
- Module Separation Ring (MSR)
- Liquid motor test stand
- Marionette DAQ board
Updates from the meeting tonight
- We did a design review of the jGPS v3 boad is laid out and in process of being sent ot OSHPark. Thanks for everyone who stuck around and helped out with the design review!
- The RCS capstone is going gangbusters and showed off a 3D printed prototype of the ring and nozzles. AND they stuck LEDs in the nozzels, and fired off the LEDs based on an IMU chip and an Edison board in the module. It was great!
- The test stand capstone is making real progress, and will have drawings next week. Biggest stumbling block is trying to find a local source for liquid oxygen, it turns out.
- The Marionette capstone should have their board laid out by the end of the week.
- LTC v3 folks are coming along with test boards and a first cut at the design.
- Nathan made awesome progress on getting the mobile “launch tower table” up and running.
- The DxWiFi team wrote an entire SOP on starting up the launch tower table - sort of a “From 0 to SSHing into the rocket”.
- The Intel NUC is booting, so it’s time to start putting together the launch control table.
- Devin and Andrew tested the GPS Cylindrical Patch Antena (CPA). It sucks. It’s resonating at 1.7 GHz, not 1.5 GHz. This may explain a LOT of our GPS problems. We’re currently scheduled to try building another CPA this weekend.
- Jamey and Theo reviewed K’s code, and updated based on the new v3 GPS board.